Admins are users identified in chat by this badge: and are site volunteers who help moderate the site as well as help users with questions about the site. Admins are often the direct source of information from Justin.tv Staff about any issues or features.
Justin.tv is the greatest live video community online because of our community. Justin.tv couldn't be the site it is today if it wasn't for the assistance and dedication of our volunteer Admins who help keep Justin.tv clean, assist community members with their problems, help others learn how to use Justin.tv, be the Community's direct contact from Justin.tv Staff and be all around outstanding members of our community.
What duties do Admins have?
While it's not a requirement for each Admin to do all these duties, these are some examples of the things they help the site with voluntarily.
- Content Moderation: Admins report accounts in violation of the terms of service. Admins have the ability to take down channels with porn/nudity, under 13 year-old broadcasters, sexually suggestive minors, and spam. They also can suspend sexual suggestive chatters in a minor's channel. Admins do not suspend for copyright violations. Admins do not have the ability to reverse suspensions, as that can only be done by staff.
- Chat Moderation: Most common to help moderate channels hosted by minors with no responsible moderators present.
- Tech Support: Assisting users troubleshoot problems on the community help forums.
- Bug Reporting: Reports site bugs as well as diagnosing the problem and/or giving the steps needed to duplicate the problem to the staff in detail.
- Feature Suggestions: Many times Admins will collect information from the users to be used to help create suggestions of features for the site and submit the ideas to staff.
- Create Tutorials: Often times video tutorials explaining site features may be broadcasted to help users learn the site.
- Site Promoting: Often times Admins will go around and recommend the site to others outside of Justin.tv to help promote new users.
- Wiki Updating: The site is constantly changing so often times Admins assist the staff at updating the Wiki pages when needed.
- Custom Programming: Some Admins offer up some of their own solutions to the users, other Admins, and Staff to help make their own features for the site. This can include the development and maintaining of custom chat bots and other site extensions.
We have multiple features available to get in contact with our team. You can use the following tools:
- Report Tool: A report button is built into each channel and video page. This can be used to report channels which violate our Terms of Service and Community Guidelines. It is crucial to report channels using this tool instead of emailing it directly to one of our administrators. This ensures the content is removed in the fastest possible way.
- Emergencies: If you observe something that truly requires emergency assistance (i.e. immediate threats to someone's life or safety) and you are logged into the chatroom, you can type in /emergency and any online admins will be notified of the channel in question. This is like dialing 911, so don't use it to report things that you may find offensive, but that aren't actually emergencies! Admins will know who sent the alert, and will take action against abusers.
- Contact Form: For account issues or broadcast help, you can always get in contact with our staff using this form.
- Users who purchased a pro account or subscription should email our Purchase Support Team.
- Community Forums: Receive insight from other users about problems or questions concerning Justin.tv.
- Twitter: Twitter can be used for general inquiries.
How Admins are selected?
Users who would like to join the Admin team must fill out an application, which will then be reviewed and discussed by the current admin team. The user will then be contacted by the lead administrator, which will conduct an interview, and if accepted into the program, the user will undergo a trial period to ensure they are suitable for the position.
The Justin.tv Admin team consists of a tight knit group of users who frequently work together to help Justin.tv and its community. They also work together to find and decide upon potential admin candidates.
There are two teams of Administrators: Justin.tv and Twitch.tv. Twitch.tv Admins focus on the gaming community, while Justin.tv Admins focus on the other directories of Justin.tv. The content you watch the most will be a crucial factor in which team is best suited for you.
No application is declined, and it will remain on file until more help is required.
About Our Team
The Justin.tv administrator team is constantly growing along with the website. One new live video starts each second, and users watch more than 300 million videos each month. It is important to keep up with our constantly expanding community. Meet our administrators below!