While we encourage free speech and wish to keep everyone's right to express any points of view, regardless of how unpopular they are, we don't allow hate speech. Remember, not everything that is mean or insulting is considered hate speech. This term only applies to speech which attacks or demeans a group based on race, ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status and sexual orientation/gender identity.
- Report offensive channels for review. Don't forget to include a description of why you felt that particular content was hateful
- Perspective is very important. Think before you respond and try to respond in a thoughtful and careful manner
- Have your say! Feel free to reply in a constructive way, let the Justin.tv community see another perspective
- Do your research. Many groups publish information about combating particular kinds of prejudice, such as the Anti-Defamation League's resources on anti-Semitism.
- Notify groups like the Anti-Defamation League, which keep track of trends in hate speech
- Take active steps to combat prejudice online and offline.