Manycam is another program like WebcamMax but instead this is a completely free program. Here is a quick tutorial of how to get Manycam running.
- Launch the ManyCam application
- Choose Webcam in “Select video source” in the ManyCam tray menu. This is done by finding the ManyCam icon in your right bottom system tray area and right clicking it.
- Choose “ManyCam Virtual Webcam” as your primary Webcam in the application where you wish to use ManyCam. Usually this can be found in the settings window of most webcam applications.
- From now on when use this application, ManyCam will be automatically started. If you no longer want to use ManyCam you can go back to the programs video settings and change your video source.
- Right click the ManyCam icon in the bottom right system tray on your screen to choose to show animations, change your settings and use other features.
Adding Text over Video
To use downloadable effects make sure you have downloaded and installed ManyCam 2.2. Older versions of ManyCam cannot add custom effects. Once the effect is downloaded double click the ManyCam effect to open it and use it. Instructions on how to create your own ManyCam Effects are available here.
There is also a ’sources’ tab. This tab allows you to switch between connected webcams, DV cameras, and video capture devices. It also allows you to stream images, videos, and your desktop to any devices that accept video capture sources