Broadcasting live video can be fun and very interactive. You never know who will find it, you might even find yourself featured on our front page! If you wish to broadcast yourself on Justin.tv think first about what you are sharing with the public. Avoid giving out enough information about yourself which would help a stranger figure out who or where you are. Personal information like your phone number or home address should never be shared with other users. Be mindful of things like license plate numbers on cars, billing addresses on packages or anything that might accidentally appear in your video that could give more information than you wish to strangers
Most importantly! Neither Justin.tv Staff nor Admins will never ask you for your password! Don't be fooled if some one contacts you pretending to be from Justin.tv. Check out our Safety Tips for more information of how to keep yourself safe and private.
- Your privacy is affected by what you reveal about yourself. This could be something practical like revealing personal information (for example, your name, phone number, or where you live). Other times it might be more general, like attracting unwanted attention or posting something embarrassing that you'll regret later.
- Posting someone else's personal information without their permission is a serious violation of our Community Guidelines and could cause you to be banned from Justin.tv
- Once your privacy has been compromised, you might not be able to undo the damage. That's why it's important to prevent privacy trouble before it starts.
- If you come across some content that you think violates your privacy, contact the broadcaster first and let him or her know. Sometimes people don't even know they've posted something that violates your privacy.
- If all else fails, Contact Us, with relevant information and we will look into the matter.