Flash Media Encoder
- Log-in to your Justin.tv account that you wish to broadcast on.
- Download and install Flash Media Live Encoder (FMLE): Click here to download.
- Download your XML Profile (Config File) for FMLE from here (same page as above). Remember where you saved it, also it is helpful to rename the file to the account name you're downloading the XML file for
- Open FMLE then open your XML file from the saved location. (To open your XML file, click "File" -> "Open Profile".)
To start streaming your video and/or audio source, follow these steps:
- Select the 'Video ' option to enable video streaming (see screenshot below).
- Select the 'Audio ' option if you want to stream live audio.
- It's recommended you select 'Medium Bandwidth (300 Kbps) for 'Preset'.
- Select the video source you would like to stream under the 'Device ' parameter.
- Enabling "Deinterlace" will help improve your picture quality if you experience small horizontal lines (known as 'combing') during movement. Enabling this will yield no quality improvement from progressive inputs such as webcams.
- Click on the big green 'Start ' button near the bottom of the page to start streaming your video and/or audio source to your account.
- IMPORTANT: Beware that the text box labeled "Stream" contains a key that is like a password for streaming to your channel. Be careful when you are broadcasting your desktop not to show that area!